How Mondato collects Information about its Users
When a User visits the Website, Mondato collects the person’s IP address and standard web browser information, such as browser type and the pages accessed on the Website, for statistical and analytical purposes. If the User visits from a mobile phone or other access device, Mondato collects in addition device identifiers, their country location and mobile network information. This information is collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis. This information may also be used in order for Mondato and/or third party service providers to improve the User experience, such as by displaying targeted on-line advertisements on the Website, and for fraud prevention purposes.
How Mondato collects information about its Newsletter Users, Purchasers, Downloaders, Webinar Users, Interactive Area Users, Speaker Requesters, Job Applicants and Article Sharers
If a User registers as a Newsletter User, Mondato only collects, via MailChimp, the User’s name, the User’s email address, and the company for which he/she is currently employed, the User’s company position, the User’s industry, the User’s country, how the User heard of Mondato, the User’s Newsletter interest preferences and whether the User wishes to receive promotions and updates from Mondato and third parties.
If a User purchases Premium Content, Mondato only collects the User ‘s name, the User’s email address, whether the User’s billing address is in the District of Columbia, the User’s billing address zip code, a credit or debit card number, the cardholder name, the expiry date of the credit or debit card, the card type and the cvc from the User. Mondato only stores a User’s name, email address, and zip code (if applicable). The stored information is not sufficient to make a charge against the credit or debit card, and is stored only for accounting purposes.
If a User registers to download a Free Report via the Website, Mondato only collects and stores the User’s name, role, industry, company and email address from the User.
If a User registers to access a Webinar on the Website, Mondato collects only the User’s name, the User’s e-mail address, the company for which the User is currently employed, the User’s role, and whether the User wishes to receive the Mondato Newsletter, from the User.
If a User posts and/ or contributes Contents to the Interactive Area of the Website, Mondato collects only the Content, the User’s name and the User’s email address, from the User.
If a User makes a Speaker Request, Mondato collects only the User’s name, the User's e-mail address, the User’s telephone number, the details of the User’s event (including name, dates, website and topic) and the suggested topic of the speech, from the User.
If a User applies to a Job Posting, Mondato collects, via Breezy HR, the User’s name, the User’s e-mail address, the User’s phone number, the User’s work history, the User’s education, a copy of the User’s resume, the User’s cover letter and the User’s response to our application questionnaire, from the User.
If a User sends copies of Articles to a third party via email though MailChimp, Mondato only collects the User’s e-mail address and the destined recipient’s e-mail address from the User.
When the User accesses the Website, Mondato, or companies hired by Mondato to track how the Website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on the User’s computer.
Mondato encodes its cookies so that only Mondato can interpret the information stored in them. A User is free to decline cookies if his/her browser permits, but doing so may interfere with use of the Website.
The Website may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the Website is used.How Mondato protects and stores Information
Throughout this policy, the term "Information" is used to describe non-public information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. Information does not include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
Mondato stores and processes Information on its servers in the United States and Mondato protects it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory standards. Mondato uses computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and authorizes access to Information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
Mondato uses up-to-date technologies and maintains rigorous security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorized access to all Information. However, messages and information passing over the Internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. The confidentiality of such communications cannot, therefore, be guaranteed and a User should not divulge personal information over the Internet unless he/she is using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
How Mondato uses the Information collected
Mondato collects Information to provide the User with a secure, seamless and simple user experience and to comply with all legal regulations. All Information will be treated by Mondato with the utmost confidentiality. Mondato may, in particular, use Information to:
- enable a User to post Content to Interactive Areas;
- enable the User to apply for a Job Posting;
- enable the User to make a Speaker Request;
- allow the User to read content on the Website, including the Articles;
- provide the User access to recorded Webinars on the Website;
- enable the User to send copies of Articles to third parties via email or via third party social media plug-ins;
- provide the User with the Newsletter;
- provide the User with Premium Content if purchased;
- provide the User with a Free Report if requested;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- customize, measure, and improve the content and layout of the Website, including the display of customized, targeted marketing and promotional offers on the Website (if relevant);
- customize, measure, and improve the Newsletter, Webinars, Articles, Premium Content and Free Reports, including the display of customized, targeted marketing and promotional offers in the Newsletter where the User has consented to the use of Information for these purposes;
- send the User targeted marketing and promotional offers where the User has consented to the use of Information for these purposes;
- send Newsletter Users information in regards to matters that are relevant to them as Newsletter Users (such as service and Newsletter update notices); and
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How Mondato shares Information with other parties
Mondato may share Information with:
- Members of the Mondato corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, provide joint service offerings and for other business purposes. However, these corporate affiliates will not use this Information to market their services unless approved by the User.
- Financial institutions that Mondato partners with to jointly create and offer products and/or services. These financial institutions will not use this Information to market these products and/or services unless approved by the User.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- Mondato is compelled to do so by a subpoena, a court order or a similar legal procedure
- Mondato is required to do so to comply with the law
- Other third parties with the User’s consent.
- Mondato will not sell or rent any of a User’s Information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares Information with third parties as described in this policy.
Accessing or changing Information
A User has the right to obtain a copy of all Information relating to him/her held by Mondato (for which Mondato may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccurate information rectified or erased, including any Contents that that he/she has posted or contributed to the Interactive Areas. Users also to have the right to have personal data taken off a direct marketing or direct mailing list.
A User wishing to make such a request should follow the following procedure:
Apply in writing to Customer Service, Mondato LLC, 4201 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20008, United States of America.
Users should endeavor to give as much detail as possible in their correspondence which will help to identify them (e.g. name, e-mail address) and locate all the information that Mondato may hold
Interactive Area Users can, in addition, at any time request that their contributions to the Contents of the Interactive Areas be deleted by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Newsletter Users wish to unsubscribe from the Newsletter, they may do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” hyperlink found on the bottom of each Newsletter and following the procedure indicated, in which case Mondato will remove the Newsletter User’s email address from its Newsletter database within 48 hours upon receipt of such notice from the Newsletter User.
Contacting Mondato about data privacy questions